Thu 17 Dec, 2009
The new LFG system has left us with some cool ideas. This particular post is based off of an idea we were tossing around in guild. The idea is to challenge your group, specifically your tanks and healers will be put to the test. What’s the 15 minute challenge? Turn the page and lets see shall we?
The goal of the 15 minute challenge is to see if you can turn your party loose on the world faster than the cooldown on the LFG tool. So in theory, the second you accept, and it teleports you into the instance, your 15 minute debuff starts that prevents you from going to a new instance using the tool. So your goal…is to beat that timer.
Rule #1: All BOSSES MUST DIE
You can’t just walk into some place like Halls of Stone, kill the one boss, kill the final boss and out. Every boss must die. You don’t have to kill every bit of trash. The goal is all bosses.. period end of story.
RULE #2: Timer stops the second the final boss keels over dead.
Yes… you beat your way through all mobs.. look up.. is the debuff on you?
Here are some quick tips and tricks.
- Be overgeared. Expect that you’re going to not need anything in the instance.
- Looting is Optional…. it will slow you down. Loot’ is stuck to green when you use the tool… so…. you’ll see it if someone clicks on it anyways.
- Pull, Pull, Pull…. I only recommend stopping if your healer is running on empty. Most heroics do not require everyone to be at full mana before you pull the boss.
- Burn cooldowns… don’t hold them for a rainy day… if you can hold two packs of mobs and AOE tank them if you burn a cooldown, DO IT!
- Consider dropping a healer. Have your healer DPS and just hard burn the instance.
Now some instances won’t lend themselves to a speed run. COT Stratholme? Not gonna happen. You spend so much time waiting in between waves, or waiting for Arthas to catch up to you, that you’re not likely to pull it off. The new instances would be hard to pull off unless you’re doing Forge of Souls.
Otherwise… challenge yourself… challenge your group… pull pull pull and have a blast!!!